The Tasmanian Wool Centre is unique in so many ways! Wool and history, knitted together!
- We are a diverse business, incorporating a beautiful store, interesting museum, and visitor information centre.
- Visitors find us in the gorgeous historic village of Ross, in the Tasmanian midlands, where we are surrounded by early colonial built heritage and around the corner from one of the most beautiful convict-built bridges in the world.
- We promote Australian wool in all its diversity. The atmosphere of our store is relaxed, calming, yet elegant. Our philosophy is never pressure, just helpful. Once inside our store visitors find beautiful woollen garments and accessories, and are assisted by our lovely and genuinely interested team. We also have a wonderful selection of gifts, books, and whimsy. And of course we have a stunning range of luscious yarns.
- While browsing our store, visitors can find themselves wandering through a doorway to explore our fascinating wool and history museums.
- The local Visitor Information Centre is within the Tasmanian Wool Centre, and our helpful team are extremely knowledgeable about Ross, the midlands, and Tasmania, we can help visitors travelling through the region.
- As a not-for-profit business, the Tasmanian Wool Centre contributes directly back into the Ross Community, preserving the heritage, and developing and maintaining wonderful unique visitor experiences that share the stories of Ross.
Come and visit us at 48 Church Street, Ross. Up a little hill, opposite the shady picnic tables.