We asked our team some nosy questions and here’s what they had to say!
- How long have you been at the TWC Museum? 6 months.
- What is your work background and/or passion? I’ve been in the museum sector for over a decade, at the Maritime Museum and TMAG, Arts Tasmania and COMA Tasmania. I love finding the stories behind objects and photographs that give their meaning and human context.
- What do you love about working at the TWC Museum? The friendly and supportive people I work wity, the fascinating collections and the people in the community who I get to meet. Also, about six months before I started working here, I started wondering what it would be like to be able to tell the stories of a whole district, and now that’s what I get to do. I really look forward to coming to work here.
- What do you love doing in your spare time? Walking in the bush or by the beach with my daughter, or writing stories.
- What do you love about Ross? The smell of the air when I get out of the car from my drive to work – I can smell pasture and the river, and it’s lovely! I really love the avenues of old trees, and the feeling that most of the houses have been built from stone at nearby quarries or timber from nearby. I like how the town makes me want to get out and go for a walk at lunch time just to look at it.
- What/who inspires you? The locals who come in and trust us with their stories, photos and objects. I really admire them.
- Fave hobbies? Getting into our garden – but it hasn’t happened enough recently. We have a jungle of weeds this spring!
- Fave holiday destination? Cradle Mountain or Freycinet, I think.